Saturday, April 24, 2010

What's your favorite song Lydia?

I had the opportunity to be at the hospital with Lydia all day on Friday. It was good to have her awake as much as she was and moving her legs and getting a little exercise. I read to her, sang to her, and carried on one sided conversations. I kept saying I wish you could tell me what your favorite song is so that I could sing it for you. I hoped that she cared that I was there with her and toward the end of the afternoon, I was out of the room for a few minutes and she woke up and started to cry, apparently because she couldn't see me in the room, when I returned and talked to her and rubbed her feet and legs she calmed down. I was glad that I could give Brian and Janene a break from this overwhelming responsibility they have been living for so many months.

I got to spend several hours today with Brian and his and Janene's other four children as it was my piano recital day and both Spencer and Alyssa are two of my piano students. It was nice to see Brian more relaxed and for the children to have the opportunity to play with their cousins for a few hours after the recital. I might add that I was proud of them for the way they played their songs on the recital.

It is good that Janene is up to spending time at the hospital with Lydia so soon after her own surgery--that is a wonderful blessing for both her and Lydia.

Once again, thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers in behalf of this family, they are felt and appreciated. Please pray for the medical people to be inspired to find the cause of Lydia's fever so that they can treat the problem and not just the fever. Most things that are given to reduce fevers have a negative affect on the liver and that is the last thing that she needs right now.

2 comments:

  1. it was good to see you grandma, i know lyds needed you there and j and b needed to be away. it's intense living at the hospital. prayers for you all and the family that lost their boy. cant even imagine....:( :( love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ijust love you, Linda Clead. You are a most wonderful woman--and I know you're a wonderful Grandma too. I am glad you could go spend time with Lydia and help Brian and Janene that way. They are so thankful for you. I do wish they could figure out why Lydia is fevering. I have been praying for the drs.

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)