Thursday, April 15, 2010

Better At Home

Her are some pictures of her old liver before it was put in the solution to be preserved. A healthy liver doesn't have any green in it and it should be nice and smooth.

Janene slept better at home than the hospital. Maureen is there taking care of her now. I hope that some good rest and being at home with the kids will help Janene's spirits and get her better quickly. The bad thing is that two of our kids threw up last night. Not sure why but it was a good thing Maureen was there to mop up.
Lydia is doing better and still on the up swing. She is now off of all the diuretics. That means that her kidneys are doing all the work they are supposed to do. They are going to change her over to the normal respirator today. That will make it so that they can take her off of the paralytic medicine. She will still be sedated but her body will be able to do some small movement which will help absorb the water weight and push it out of the body the way it is supposed to instead of being vacuumed out. They plan to take her to surgery on Saturday to change her vacuum bandage and to sew her wound up some. They want to do this in stages so that her body can get use to having everything put back inside her. They can't just sew her up all the way until all the water weight is off and she is normal again. I imagine that she will be here another two and a half weeks or so.

5 comments:

  1. Wow...those pictures are so intersting. It seems like the liver was huge compared to little Lydia's body. I'm so glad that things are going better. Little by little is good. My love and prayers (as always).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all great, positive news on Lydia. Oh no, I hope it wasn't my cooking that made your kids sick!!! I talked to Janene last night and she said she felt better after she ate and had her meds.
    We are here for you guys - whatever you need.
    Loved having Parker over here for a few minutes yesterday. I had to carry him in the house because he didn't like my "BIG DADDY DOG" It was so funny and cute.
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that both Janene and Lydia are doing better. Now that that yucky green liver is out things will just keep getting better from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord that your wife is now resting at home and I was so happy that Lydia has been improving as well! You my dear must be totally exhausted, both mentally and physically! I hope you're getting enough to eat and here's hoping and praying that you get enough rest as well! God's Speed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have sure been anxious for an update, Brian! I was really glad to read this and find out that Janene is doing much better at home and sleeping better too. Sorry to hear two of your other kids threw up. Oh, that is miserable on top of all you have going on.
    I am so happy to hear Lydia is on the up side of things and is improving still. Wonderful news! I like how you explain everything so well so that the rest of us understand better what is going on. Good job, Brian. You are great. You are doing so well. Lydia's liver sure looked terrible. It was certainly ready to come out of her body. Brian, I would like to bring you some freezer meals next week. Barbara Lether, Steph Cook, Carrie Whitby and I would all like to drop some off at your house. We will call ahead. Thank you for the updates on your family.

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)