Sunday, April 18, 2010

Janene On the Mend

I finally feel up to looking at a computer so I just want to write a few of my feelings.  The past week and a half have felt like a long sickness to me.  The worst part of it has been the nausea that wouldn't let up, but the last day or two it has been getting better and better.  It has helped me appreciate ladies who get a lot of nausea being pregnant because I don't when I am pregnant.  I feel more grateful for my easy pregnancies.  My other post-op symptoms are pain, sleeplessness and easily tired, but the nausea definately has taken the cake. 
The more that I feel better, the more that I think about and miss my sweet Lydia.  So much of my time before the transplant was with her that it feels like a huge void not having her here.  I want to hold her, watch her play and laugh with her siblings, and just be my fun cute little lady here again.  Friday is when I really started missing her so much.  Brian went down to be with her early yesterday morning and he said I could go with him or he would come back and get me or whatever I wanted.  He has been so sensitive and understanding to my needs as I miss her.  I am so very grateful for him and the caring, hard-working, good husband that he is.  He has been a rock through this.  Because of my sleeplessness at night I have been sleeping late into the mornings so I didn't go down with him on Saturday morning.  My parents called to tell me they wanted to go see her in the evening and wondered if I wanted a ride.  I was really excited to go see her. 
When she opened her beautiful eyes for me, it made my heart so happy.  She kept them opened for an extra long time as I told her that Parker misses her, that Dallin misses her, that Alyssa misses her, and that Spencer misses her.  We all miss her very much.  We are anxious for her to heal, feel well, and come be home with us again!
I have my post-op appt. down there tomorrow morning so I am excited to be with her again.  As for today, her sweet uncle Adam and sweet aunt Lorraine took turns being with her.  They said she had a calm and better day than yesterday.  I know I will never be able to start to repay everyone who has taken care of Lydia, me and the rest of my family.  However, I want everyone to know that your love, service, and generosity, are noticed, and your FASTING, and PRAYERS are felt.  We very much appreciate everything that has been done for us.  We love you!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. It must be quite a challenge to not feel yourself and want to be with Lydia. I know there is nothing like a mothers love, and I am only a dad. You continue to be in our prayers and thoughts. We love you and your family and am sure that you are both being well cared for. Hope to see you soon. Love, Uncle Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janene,
    It was so good to hear from you! I have wondered how you have been feeling lately and if your nauseousnous has subsided. I am grateful it has lessened! You are such a wonderful friend and I truly hope for a better day to come each morning for you all, especially Lydia. Brian has been such a great support to you. It was so sweet to hear you talk of him the way you did. I am thankful you guys have been able to manage through this difficult time together. What a blessing to see Lydia's eyes open! How wonderful!
    We love you guys, Janene. I want to bring you some freezer meals along with some ladies you would remember. :) We will hopefully do that this Wednesday. Love, Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janene We think of you and your sweet family every minute through the day! We know that prayer is the very most important thing, yet it seems so little. Please let us know how we can help. Your kiddos are always welcome, and I would love to go sit and spend time with lydia! Please let us help. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your doing better Janene! We've all been praying extra hard for you guys :)! Hope you continue to mend, you are amazing to me, I totally admire you and Brian! You guys are fabulous parents, and God truly is blessing you! I also hope little Lydia continues to mend as well! Sending prayers, love, and hope your way!
    Love,
    Lacey & Chad Williams (and family)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet she was so happy to see you, too!

    Love you, Janene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family is a big blessing to me. I love your blog, and hearing how you all are. I love how much faith you have and how Heavenly Father is such a big part of your lives! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for being such an example. Take care of yourselves, we want you to keep feeling better and better!!
    Love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I know what you mean about not even having the energy to look at the computer. I think I sat on my couch for about a week after i got home, but each week was better than the one before.
    I am so happy to hear that bot you and Lydia are doing better. It is a long hard road but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)