Saturday, April 10, 2010

Thoughts from Grandma

It is the second day after transplant and I am so grateful to be here with Janene, Brian, and Lydia. It has been a blessing to have  such wonderful, caring nurses and doctors taking care of Janene and Lydia. Even with my medical background, I am amazed at the knowledge and skill these people have.  It is way over my head, yet I feel their true concern and desire to help them get better.
I won't deny that it has been an emotional roller coaster these past two days.  We have been blessed with comfort and peace, yet at times my heart aches to see my baby (Janene) in SO MUCH Pain.  She is such a stallwart and doesn't complain but you can tell and she says the pain has been great. I really am honored to be her mother and be in a postion at this time to be here with her. I hope it is helping Brian too by being able to be either with Janene or Lydia.I hope I am giving them both support because I l ove them so much. I'm grateful for the good relationship I share with Brian.  I'm sure he has plenty of "Mother in law" jokes about me, but he puts up with me quite well.
As Brian has already stated, Janene has had a very difficult time because of not tolerating the pain med she was on. Last night was really hard for her when she had a very bad reaction to it.  She is doing much better now and hopefully tonight she will be able to sleep, and tomorrow will be a bette day for her.
As for our little Angel Baby, Lydia is fighting her own battles. I still have a  real hard time seeing her laying there so still, and so swollen. I can't wait to see her angelic smile again. The doctors and nurses are working so hard to balance her meds to get her fluids in her body under control.  Her kidneys are not functioning as they should, and her lungs aren't working right. As one nurse put it  they are having to think outside the box with her because she isn't responding to their normal procedures. She is also fighting some infection. All in all they tell us she is OK, but it is concening to say the least. Again there is a feeling of peace and I am grateful for the faith in our Heavenly Father and know he is aware of Janene and Lydia and their needs and he loves them too.
I too want to thank all of you for  your concern, and for your faith and prayers. They are truly felt and I know they are being answered. So much has been done to help this sweet family, and my prayer is that in someway I will be able to pay it forward. Right now I'm just happy to be here with my two sweet angle babies and Brian.  Love Grandma Maureen


Grandma in her Smurfet costume.  It keeps her warm.

3 comments:

  1. and how lucky they are to have YOU too!! kisses and loves to both J and Lyds for us! keep the updates coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words, Maureen. Janene is one of the most wonderful people I have ever known. She is ALWAYS looking out for others and is so concerned for them--me being one of them. I am so glad you can be there to stay with she and Brian and Lydia. You are a great support. I have known Brian since I was about 5 years old. He has always been a great friend to me throughout my life. I love this family! I enjoyed reading your sweet words. It was so nice to hear from your perspective. Thank you. ---Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen, You look very tired. I know you have really been on a fast roller coaster, one that would scare the bajeebees out of anyone. You are all so strong and I admire that. I want you to know you are in my deepest hopeful prayers. I know you are loved and our Heavenly Father will continue to bless you and keep you in his watch. I love you Maureen and please let Janene and Brian and all of your famiy know of my love for all of you. GOD BLESS YOU ALL! LOVE AND HUGS... DREW

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)