Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Respirator is out and we can hold her

She got the respirator out today. They changed their mind because they weren't going to do it earlier today. It is so nice because we are now able to hold her. I have been holding her for two hours. It has been a long time. When Janene found out that she would be able to hold her I knew she would want to be down here. We were able to work it out that my mom could be with the kids, and Janene is coming down to stay the night with me and Lydia.
Her central line came out so they are trying to get another central line or PIC line in. They are trying to decide that now. Janene will have to wait to hold her until after the line is in and after the shift change. She can't wait.
Lydia just sat on my lap for two hours and watched The Fox and the Hound. She loves animals. I haven't been able to get her to smile yet. Which I can't blame her. I doubt that she will smile until she sees Spencer again. He is the one that has always made all of our kids laugh.
We just hope that she doesn't get an infection from the central line problems that she has had today.
It sounds like we are going to get a date tonight. I get to treat Janene to dinner and a movie at the hospital with Lydia in Janene's arms. I am excited. I miss her every time we are apart.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful news!!! Enjoy your "date" night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Brian, you brought the tears on again!!! Janene, your blog today was so heartfelt. I have felt exactly how you feel about people thinking you are so strong yet in the inside you are just falling apart. I still battle with this feeling weekly and it's been 2 1/2 years since we lost our Skylar. The pain is still so fresh but I know that our Heavenly Father has helped up to keep going. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and for eternal families. There are days that I just can't wait to see him again but know that I need to be here now for all those I love. I ran across this poem and there are parts in there that especially reminded me of you. Hope you can enjoy it and let it lift your spirits a little. I love having you as neighbors. I don't know why but I feel so drawn to your family. I love to hear the kids outside screaming and having so much joy on their trampoline. Can't wait to see little Lydia jumping in the air.
    Love to all of you, Kerin

    One Flaw In Women

    Women have strengths that amaze men.....

    They bear hardships and they carry burdens,

    but they hold happiness, love and joy.

    They smile when they want to scream.

    They sing when they want to cry.

    They cry when they are happy

    and laugh when they are nervous.

    They fight for what they believe in..

    They stand up to injustice.

    They don't take "no" for an answer

    when they believe there is a better solution.

    They go without so their family can have.

    They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.

    They love unconditionally.

    They cry when their children excel

    and cheer when their friends get awards.

    They are happy when they hear about

    a birth or a wedding.

    Their hearts break when a friend dies.

    They grieve at the loss of a family member,

    yet they are strong when they

    think there is no strength left.

    They know that a hug and a kiss

    can heal a broken heart.

    Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

    They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you

    to show how much they care about you.

    The heart of a woman is what

    makes the world keep turning.

    They bring joy, hope and love.

    They have compassion and ideas.

    They give moral support to their

    family and friends.

    Women have vital things to say

    and everything to give.

    HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN,
    IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so thrilled for you guys! It sounds so wonderful to go on a date together--with Lydia on your lap. I love it. I am SOOO thankful for the progress she is making. To be able to hold her for 2 hours must have been so wonderful, Brian. This makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news.....my heart sang when I read Lydia was off the respirator. Your blogs are amazing....what amazing people you and Brian are. Lydia is continually in my thoughts and prayers. I know heavenly father has been there with her and you during this heartbreaking trial.

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)