Friday, April 23, 2010

Staying With Lydia

It was wonderful to be with Lydia yesterday afternoon even though it was an emotional time.  I love to touch her, look at her, kiss her, sing to her, read to her, talk to her and just be near her.  I'm looking forward to being there more and more as I'm feeling more and more better.  I'm going to stay overnight there with her tonight and Brian will spend some time here with the other kids.  Brian has been a real trooper being down there so much.  It really is draining, not that we would want to be anywhere else. 
Brian's sweet mom is down there with Lydia today reading her stories and singing to her.  I am so grateful for her love and support.  My children have amazing grandma's!
Lydia keeps spiking a high fever and we don't know what from.  They keep taking cultures, but so far there is nothing showing up.  Her lungs and her blood pressure also keep struggling.  My poor baby is having a rough time.

4 comments:

  1. we love you! let us help if we can! you are such a strength to all of us! all our love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got smart, and now keep tissues by my computer. I am so grateful for this blog, although it is heart-wrenching to read, it warms my soul at the same time.
    Give Lydia a hug from the Barker's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had lunch with Ryan today (he works at Primary Children Hospital) and he told me that the Lungs and Kidneys are the hardest to heal. He said that a child can have heart surgery and it will heal up faster than the Lungs. Maybe that is why she's having the fever spikes, but we will continue to send prayers in your direction. We love you all! Thanks for the up-dates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for updates each and every day. I enjoy hearing from those of you that add your thoughts. Janene and Brian my love for you grows more and more each time I read what you are going through. You are mighty warriors standing upright and true to those that love you and support you. Know you are not alone, that your are loved by our Father in Heaven as He knows your heart. My prayers continue for all of you. Ny prayers for Lydia that she may find her way... May you find peace. Much love. Aunt Drew

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)