Friday, April 23, 2010

More thoughts from Grandma Peterson

This rollercoaster ride is getting too long and I think we are all ready to get off! Yet that may not be our choice and we have to stay on a while longer. Hope we can learn what we need to learn quickly so Lydia can be all that she can be. As I talked to Janene this morning and learned that Lydia is still struggling with fever, breathing and blood pressure problems my heart ached. It aches more for Janene. Janene wants to be with Lydia so much, I know how she must feel. Perhaps she will be able to spend more time with her soon, I think it will do them both good. I think Brian is incredible too. When I read his blogs and he says he is crying I cry too. I agree with Brian that it would be hard to be there and see the struggles of others. You don't have to look far to see someone else worse off than yourself. I was touched by how concerning the doctors and nurses were for that little boy.
I'm thankful for Janene's remarkable recovery. She has done so well. Yesterday we met her sisters and brother for lunch before going to the hospital. It was good to see Janene having time with her sisters and enjoying being together. We then went to the hospital and she stayed there with Lydia and Brian. Lydia looks peaceful, yet it is hard for me to see her lying there so still, and wondering what she must be feeling or thinking. I love her so much. This morning Janene told me how hard it was for her to leave. She was crying and I don't know how to help take the ache away. I know one thing that I am learning is that even though we see the difficult things happening, there are just as many or more good things happening. I know we are being watched over and cared for by one who knows and loves us. He blesses us everyday, and I know this too shall pass and the sun will shine again for Lydia, Janene, Brian and all who they love and who love them .

1 comment:

  1. I have so much appreciated the posts to Lydia's blog from each of you, as they have given me such a spiritual boost. To be able to be part of this journey with your families and been a humbling experience. I truly love your family and am proud to be a small part of it.
    I am greatful for the information that you share on the blog and being able to stay in touch, however, speaking to both you and Brian personally today was extra special. Please know that you are always in our prayers and thoughts. Let's get that little doll better!! Love Dee

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)