Sunday, April 11, 2010

4th day post transplant

It is a blessed Sabbath Day! We have a little good news for Lydia. She is still very sick but they now know why one reason she has been so sick. They found out that she has Rhino Virus,which she most likely had going into surgery and they did not know it. Because they suppress her imunne system for the liver, she was not able to fight the virus. She also has had other bacterial infections. Lydia's lungs have always been very sensitive and so this was the worst time for her to have this virus. But, she is showing some signs of improvement and so we are very thankful for all the prayers that have been said for her. Her liver is now starting to make coagulation enzymes which is a good sign it is beginning to function. Her kidneys are also starting to produce urnine which is also a big step in the right dirction. They tell us she is still very very sick, but we are so gateful that it is turning in the right direction for now. What a tough road she has had to travel and it is not over yet, but again we are so grateful for the good news and we will hold on to that for now.
Janene is still doing ok. She has been batteling nausea and at times a lot of pain, but today she is up getting a shower for the first time and knowing Janene, getting cleaned up will make a world of difference for her. Her children will come to see her and Brian today so that will be a big thing for their little family to be together again, if only for awhile.
Brian has been so good. He will sit by Janene's bedside and massage her feet or back for hours. I know that it is very soothing and comforting for Janene. He also keeps things on the light side and makes us laugh, which is good, except Janene says it hurts to laugh. Both she and I couldn't help laughing when he accidently squirtted baby shampoo all over the front of his shirt.
Truly, I admire both Brian and Janene for being so positive through all this. Brian always thinks positive and that is such an admirable trait.
So again, we thank all of you all for your prayers and fasting, they are felt and working. We are especially grateful to our Heavenly Father for His many blessings on this very special Sabbath day.
As a side note, Brian and I attended Sacrament meeting here at the hospital and it was such a spiritual meeting. It only lasted a half and hour but the spirit was so strong, I was very grateful I had the opportunity to participate in the wonderful spirit that was there. Brian felt it too. The branch here also brought the sacrament to Janene's room. We are looking forward to a happpy day and wish all of you one too.

14 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! I am so thrilled to hear that things (slowly but surely) are getting better for both Lydia and Janene!! I have thought about them often the past few days, and they are continually in our prayers. My son Braden, just this morning, was looking at the pictures of Lydia with me. He grew very concerned about "The baby" and wanted to know if she was too sick to eat pizza. I told him she was. Before I knew it my son (who is 3) was saying a prayer right then and there that she would get well enough to share a pizza with him. It touched me. Lydia and Janene are truly under God's watchful care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tears flow as I read this last post. As a parent who has lost a child, I just don't like our little Lydia teetering so delicately with life like this. It scares me so bad. Come on Lydia.... fight, fight, fight like you've never fought before. It's such a blessing to read of this good news and to know why your little body has been so sick. Your Heavenly Father is truly watching over you and taking care of you and your mommy.
    Love,
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear that Lydia is starting to do better and that you now know the cause of her breathing difficulties. Rhino virus is what caused Eden's original transplant date to be pushed back two weeks.
    I agree you some of the best sacrament meetings I have had have been at primary Children's. The spirit is strong in that short half hour.
    Hugs and Prayers,
    The Lai family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling so much for your family, thank you for sharing this difficult and painful time with all of us. I wish I could be closer to show my affection and support for you all, specially for Janene and baby angel Lydia.

    I am so pleased to hear Lydia´s condition is improving. Have a nice Sunday, it is night time in Spain now. Big hug to you, Maureen.

    My love and prayers to you dear baby Lydia and Janene, for the healing process to begin as soon as possible.

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update Aunt Twinkie, this is good news to hear. What tremendous obstacles Lydia and Janene have faced. Hopefully things will continue to improve. Love you all very much and will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear wonderful people,
    There is much fasting and prayer in the La Donna Mesa Ward today. You ALL are our constant concern.
    Thank you for keeping up this blog. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to post this daily update when you must be exhausted physically and emotionally.
    Our prayers will continue as long as they are needed. Our desire is for complete healing for Janene & Lydia.
    We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to read that little Lydia is going in the right direction today. Again, the only way to go through this is with Heavenly Father's help and please know how much he and all our ward love you and your family and you are in our prayers. The primary said prayers for Little Lydia and Janene today. Very touching. We will continue to pray and ask the Lord's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to hear of the small improvements of today. I feel so grateful. I love to hear about Brian being positive. He has always been that way, and at this time it is certainly needed to lift spirits. I wish I could come give both Brian and Janene a hug. I am sure it may hurt Janene to do that though. I think of little Lydia and Janene all day long. Our family said a special prayer for them tonight. Thank you so much for these updates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sitting in Relief Society today I was overcome with emotion as I thought of Janene and Lydia. What a strong spiritual, emotional and physical bond you have shared over Lydia's short life time and it has been cemented this last week. How appropriate for such a sacrifice to be given and received during the Easter celebration.

    Brian, your humor and strength are blessings that we have all shared and benefitted in over the years. Thank you for living your life as a leader and continuing to be such a spiritual giant. You are a living example of taking the priesthood power unto your posterity.

    I believe that Lydia is in the knowlegeable and inspired hands of doctors, nurses and medical staff who will help her win this battle against infection and triumph as her body accepts the miraculous gift from her beloved mother. I pray that the trained healers are inspired so you may both recover stronger than you were before, quicker than expected and free from pain.

    Thank you for letting us know of the updates and for letting us share in your miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janene - Brian & Maureen
    I love you all. As I told you I contacted my father-in-law in Florida to get Lydia's name in his prayer roll list. I also had my cube mate put her on the base's Catholic prayer roll list. You are an amazing family and I thank our Father in Heaven that I could help a little with your journey. Maureen you are an incredible caregiver and nuturer, thanks for all you are doing and for your example. Janene and Brian I am so grateful that the Lord brought you into our lives. Thanks for sharing you cute family with me! I love you both and think about you so much through out the day. You are all in my prayers.

    Love you all
    waun

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with all the comments. Thank you for being part of our lives. We feel truly blessed. It makes sense that Lydia would have caught a virus. I'm so glad that they figured that out and hopefully now she will slowly improve. Ryan told me that he will keep checking on you and letting me know. I so appreciate having my son work at such a wonderful Hospital. Brian, keep up that positive attitude even though it makes Janene laugh and hurt. I send my love and will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Lydia...you have gone through so much in your short life and have proven that you are a fighter! I know you are in the best hands at Primary Childrens, and you are in the Lord's hands as well. I'm so glad to read that things have improved a little for you. I look forward to meeting you one day and seeing you play with your other liver friends...

    Julia
    (LuLu's auntie)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We keep thinking about you all. It is so neat to be able to read your blog, and learn how things are going for you. You are inspirational to us with your love and testimonies. Thanks for letting us all be part of your lives. I hope too that everything keeps going in the right direction. We love you!
    Shannon's family

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was away from my computer over the w/e and was quite anxious to check in w/your Blog to see how both of the girls are doing! God Bless you all, as it sounds like it's been an extremely difficult few days. Thank God that they now know about Lydia's infection and can treat it accordingly ... Praying hard that she will now be on the road to a full recovery ... her Mama too :) Thanks so much for the continued updates!

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)