Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Few Days With Lydia

I have enjoyed a couple of wonderful days at the hospital with my Lyds!  She was awake alot yesterday and Friday night.  I loved seeing her beautiful eyes as I talked with her and sang to her.  She was asleep most of the day today though.  Hopefully her body is working to fight the infection that is causing the fever.  The fever broke for a little while this morning but then came back.  Her lungs are doing super!  They have been weaning the ventilator pressure more and more.  She has a lot of secretions that need to subside, then they will work on getting her off of the ventilator.  That will be another big step in the right direction.   I am so grateful that she continues to improve in more ways.  My mom went down to stay with her this afternoon.  Brian and I will go back tomorrow morning. 

5 comments:

  1. To sweet little Lydia, We are so sad that the last 18 days have been such a struggle for you and your amazing family. Keep fighting Lydia!! Know that there are angels watching over you to comfort you and help you recover. Our most earnest prayers are for you and your Mom and Dad. Please know how much we care!!! We can't wait to see you smiling and happy in the liver clinic!!! Love, the Badger and
    Barnum Families

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear Lydia's lungs are doing so well. That is wonderful news. It was good to see these pictures of Brian next to her. I loved hearing you say that she was awake for a while too. I am grateful she is making progress with the ventilator machine too.
    I am sure the days seem so long when you don't get to be with Lydia--but you guys are really setting the highest example of faith and endurance for us all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking a lot about you guys and was so glad to read that things are improving. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers! If you need anything please let us know. I am so amazed by your Faith and positive attitudes through this whole thing.
    Love,
    Zach and Julieanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear that Lydia continues to improve. She is a special little girl and wow does she look like her daddy or what?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear things are improving! Those pictures were so tender! It is good to see her, a little more put back together ;). She is such an angel, and I am beyond thrilled she is healing! Keep the faith Bri- you are an amazing Daddy, just like Janene is an amazing mommy!!!
    Love to you!
    Lacey & Chad Williams (and family)

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)