Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Janene is Going Home

Janene is going home. She still has nausea but is eating regularly now. She is ready. I will go home for a night with the family also then come back tomorrow sometime. We can't wait to see the kids. Someone will be at the house always to help her. She won't be able to drive yet or lift over a gallon of milk for four to six weeks.

Lydia is doing good. She is up on some things then down on some others every once and a while. They tried to put her back on the regular respirator today. She was doing ok on it but the doctor thought that she would be better if they gave her one more day on the special respirator so they switched her back. We will see tomorrow. If she gets off of the special respirator they can reduce the paralytic medicine and that will help her muscles to move a little which will help her body to get rid of the fluids faster.

We went to see Lydia's old liver. It is all green because of the preservatives they put it in. They are going to send us the pictures of it before they put it in the preservatives. It was definitely a sick liver. Her are some gross ones of it after the preservatives. Don't eat dinner while viewing this especially liver and onions. I even got to hold it. With gloves of course.


7 comments:

  1. I want to be one of those people that comes to your house to help Janene. I wish I could figure out a way to do that. I really hope for the best as she transitions her way back to living at home again. I am sure you guys are really missing your other 4 kids. I know I would be. It was hard enough to be gone for almost a week from them, I'm sure. I am so happy to hear Lydia improves little by little. The pictures of her liver are really something. It is crazy to think that organ was just inside her and now it's out. Brian, you crack me up though with your jokes. Thanks for making us all smile here too. Mike is thinking of you guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know why I have never liked "liver and onions." I never have and never will. That is great that they would show you. I'm glad that it's out of her body and that she is showing signs of improvement. I hope to be able to help Janene out also. Thanks for the up-dates. Lots of love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the niece of Michele and Leon Clark. I just want you to know that my 7 year old boy has been praying for Lydia every day. He is so good and pure, that I am sure his prayers will work! We love you and your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been following the blog closley, and you are all very much in our thoughts and prayers. We happy with you when there is the smallest good news with Lydia and we are sad with you that she is having to endure so much. You and Janene are pretty amazing though. I know there are the times that are very had and stressful for you but you are doing amazing. What an example you are for all of us.
    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have been following your blog since day 1, and my heart aches for your baby Lydia. I'm so glad Janene will be home soon. You have all been through so much. Our prayers, fasting, and temple attendance never forget any of you. I would love to come and help out until Janene is recovered. Anything I can do to be of help....I will. Thank you so much for taking the time to blog and keep us all informed. I'm so glad you are able to enjoy some humor to keep your spirits up...it's a great stress reliever! With fond thoughts and wishful hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to leave a little note to let you know I am praying for Lydia and your family! Your little princess is just beautiful! My little baby girl had her liver transplant at 7 months old. She is 2 now. My prayers will continue and I wish you all the very best on this journey!

    Jennifer Wallace
    www.brookemariewallace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so glad that things are looking up for your family. We will continue to pray for you and wish you the very best.

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)