Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Transplant Day

We are here. Janene has been very poised. If she is nervous it is hard to see it. She said that she is nervous. I am very thankful for her sacrifice. We got to the hospital about 7:20 this morning. We checked Janene and Lydia in as soon as possible. Janene went in about 9:00 am. That was when I finally broke down. I have had plenty of intermittent tears, but that was finally the real thing. Lydia was restless until she went in at about 11:30. She could tell something was up and she wanted a drink of water. Thank goodness for the wagons that the patients could ride in. When they came to get Lydia that meant that Janene's liver passed the visual inspection. Everything was then a go.

They have been coming out regularly to tell us that the process is going well. They have been working on getting Janene's piece of liver out for a while. They guess that it will be about 3 pm before she is all done. Lydia will be finished up later this night. We are not sure when they will be done with her.

My mom and Janene's parents are her at the hospital. Janene's brothers and sisters and spouses will be coming when they can today. It is nice to not be the only one here.

Lizzie, James, and London came and visited us today. It was a very welcome visit. They brought us a bunch of food and gave us a lot of comforting advise and hope for the future. It was so nice to see London's progress and see that Lydia can be a regular child again.

I will update more later. Thank you all for the many thoughts and prayers. We have heard from many of you and we are very thankful for everyone that is out there that are thinking of us.

7 comments:

  1. I am thinking of you all today. I hope Janene and Lydia do well with the surgery and afterwards. I am praying for a safe and easy recovery for them both. I am sending you lots of hugs!! Love, Tina Weigartz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Janene, Lydia, Brian and family,

    Thinking of you both and the rest of the family. My best wishes and prayers go to you for a speedy recovery.

    Besos,
    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have all been on my mind and in my prayers all day today. Thank you so much for keeping us updated when you've got so much on your mind. Much love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all in our prayers. I have been thinking about you quite often! I hope all goes smoothly and Lydia will be able to have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you are writing this blog and letting us know how things are going. Please know that send our love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been praying so hard for your entire family! I love you guys! I am so proud of how strong you've all been through this trial. God loves you, and so does your family! So glad this is finally happening for little Lydia- you will continue to be in our prayers!!! Love to you all!
    Lacey & Chad Williams (and family)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janene and Brian. My prayers are heavy for you both and for Lydia. I cannot imagine the difficult days you have faced and yet to face. I admire your courage and positive and witty attitude. You are such a great example to so many of us. I love you all and do wish you a speedy recovery. You are a strength to be acknowledged. Love, Drew (Maureen's sister)

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)