Sunday, May 2, 2010

OUT OF PICU

Lydia did get moved out of the PICU to the Immunocompromised Unit this afternoon. Yeah!!!  We feel so grateful and so happy that she is doing so well that she can move to the next step in her hospital stay.  When she was so critical a couple of weeks ago I thought that it would be so wonderful if she could be out of the PICU by May 1st, but I really felt like there was very little chance of that happening.  I had many doubts and worries about her recovery.  I know that anything is possible through Heavenly Father's power, but waiting to know his will is sometimes very hard for me to do.  I was impatient.   Now, it is May 2nd, just one day past what I wanted so badly, and my heart feels so happy and grateful for her healing.  I am very grateful for the countless tender mercies Heavenly Father has blessed me and my family with.
I attended our multi-stake Stake Conference today that was broadcast to us.  President Henry B. Eyring spoke about living among a Zion people.  I feel like our family lives in the midst of a Zion people.  We have been encircled about with loved ones, friends, strangers and a ward that are a Zion people.  These are selfless, sacrificing, unjudgemental people who, despite our faults and weaknesses love, serve and support us in ways we couldn't imagine and more than we have room to recieve.  Just as Pres. Eyring spoke of praying with his wife to know where there family should settle near Salt Lake, Brian and I prayed to be guided where we should move a couple of years ago.  We felt very drawn to and good about buying our current house.  Since then, I have often wondered if we made a wrong decision because of the many bumps in the road we have had in trying to fix it up how we had planned.  Looking back, I feel we were guided here not just to fix it up quickly and settle comfortably into smooth sailing life.  Instead, Heavenly Father knew that even though we were about to face some of the biggest challenges of our lives (so far), He was placing us among a Zion people who would help us through it.  The people in our ward and neighborhood have been an incredible strength and help to us along with many others in our lives.  After moving out of our previous ward, I sorely missed the friends and truely good people that we were surrounded by there.  I still miss them, but I have found dear friends and truely good people here also.

6 comments:

  1. Good News. Very good news. It's nice to hear that Lydia is out of ICU and on to the next stage of the recovery process. I'm also happy that you are doing well, Janene. Thanks for the up-dates. My love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!! Such good news!!! So thrilled she is moving on and continuing to heal and improve!! She is a tough cookie that little girl!! My love continues to be sent (along with prayers and fasts) to you and your family!!!
    It's a good day!
    Love,
    Lacey & Chad Williams (and family)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you guys. Erica is up there today with an appointment for Eden. Hope you continue to do well. Our prayers are with you always.
    The Lais.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll second the YEAH!! I'm glad she is moving in the right direction. You are always in our prayers! As we were talking yesterday about fasting, both my girls said they were fasting for Lydia. They haven't even met he, but we love her and all of your family!
    Shannon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janene,
    I am so very happy for your family to be at this point with Lydia. So happy! Thank you for your wonderful words. I love to hear from you. I am so thankful you feel that you live among a Zion people. What a great thing! Your family will soon be all together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so amazed at your good attitude. When I grow up, I want to be like You!! Love you all...

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)