Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Looking Good


Well it has been an interesting weekend. Lydia has been doing great. The rest of the family have been going through colds. Janene didn't feel good yesterday. We are all on the mend today with slight traces of it left. We have been praying that Lydia doesn't get it.
Janene took Lydia in for her checkup today. They think that Lydia is doing good. We have had a real hard time getting a good blood pressure machine that works for her. The doctors tried a bunch of times and couldn't get a good reading today either. She didn't like being back to see the doctors. She threw up twice there because she was mad at them taking her blood pressure. The doctors decided to just not worry about us trying to take her blood pressure at home. That is wonderful because she hates it and it is one less thing for us to do.
She still takes quite a bit of time to take care of. Hopefully that will change as the number of medicines goes down. We are down from 17 to 15 medicines now. She has a bad case of diarrea. It doesn't help that almost every medicine she is taking can cause diarrea. This has made her bottom really sore. That has been the worst thing that Lydia has dealt with since she has been home.
She wasn't very sure of sleeping in her bed the first night. She has warmed up to it now. She likes to sit up and play on the carpet with her toys. She gets tired of sitting up. I can't blame her since her abdominal muscles are week. We lay her down and she roles over and scoots around.
She has been happy and laughs a lot. The kids will do silly things and she will laugh at them.
We are glad to have her home. She gets stronger and stronger each day.

7 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! We're so excited she's home and doing well. You are still in our prayers. It's so good to see pictures of her sitting up, smiling, and playing with the kiddos! lots of love the petersons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that picture!! I'm so happy to read that she's doing so well. I wish I could see her laughing at the big kids - what a sweet thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture, totally cracked me up!! I am so glad she is home, and that the medicine # is dropping :)! Hope she continues to heal and improve and keep your family smiling!! :)
    Lacey & Chad Williams (and family)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, this was sooooo good to read, Brian. What a cute picture!!! Love the sunglasses. :) Thanks for the update. I have really been wondering how Lydia is doing at home and how you guys have all been handling taking care of her 'round the clock. Sorry to hear the rest of the family has been feeling sick. I hope you guys get better quick. I do feel bad for Lydia's little bum. Ohhh, that is hard to have diarreah for so long. All in all, though, I am so glad her liver is doing so well and she is thriving. You have such a nice home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You dont know me and I actually dont know you but have been following your blog since the surgery. What great parents you are and how much faith you have to endure so well. I am a mom of 3 that have bad bum rashes all the time and wanted to let you in on a little amazing secret! Corn starch. put it on the rash every time you change her. you cant use to much. It works wonders and helps heal and also protect. Sweet baby Lydia is so strong. Keep up the good work and know that you are in alot of prayers. Even strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally got a moment to come check on precious Lydia and I cannot tell you happy I was to hear that she is home where she belongs! Praises going up and prayers continuing for you all! God's Speed and enjoy having your family back together again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I can't say it enough. She is so adorable!
    I don't know if you can give it to her or not, but we got some stuff from the Pharmacy that helps with the diarreah (sorry if it's spelled wrong). :) It is a white powder that is suppose to help with the rash. Anyway, if you want more information let me know and I can tell you what it is. I'm glad all is well!
    Julieanne

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)