Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's so fun to have Lydia getting more back to herself.  She is waving, kissing, laughing and all around acting more like the fun Lyds we know.  I much prefer this than the paralyzed and sedated state she was in for so long.  Physical Therapy has been coming to work with her for a few days.  She sat up for a few seconds yesterday without us holding her.  Yeah!!  Keep it up, strong lady!!  She is still getting fevers off and on, so they will do more cultures and put her back on an antibiotic that they took her off of.  She still has some fluid around her lung that they may drain.  She is in good spirits though and fun to be with.  Grandma Peterson stayed with her last night so the rest of our family could have an evening together.  Thanks mom!  It was great, but we sure miss having Lydia with us.  

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear Lydia is feeling better. Before long she will be home enjoying all of your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Lyds!!! Super proud of you big girl! Keep on healing up!!! It does the heart good to see her up and about and getting back to her "normal" self :)!!!
    Love you all!
    Lacey & Chad Williams (and family)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to hear you say she is "fun to be with" Janene...Yeah, Lydia! I am so happy you are awake and alert and can do some things again. Great job sitting up too! I showed my kids your pictures today and they just couldn't believe how big your inscions are...You are such a tough cookie! What a sweetheart you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good to hear she if finally doing better. She is a tough girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all the above comments and it just makes my heart soar when I go back and read the blog just two weeks ago and compare it to Grandma Petersen's blog today. These are miracle steps that are being taken each day. Can't wait to have her home and get to play with her and Parker. I get a kick out of Parker. He's my "boyfriend"!!
    Love,
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww. she's so cute. i love seeing the bear lu gave her. i embellished it myself--the first crafty thing i've done in a long time. xoxo keep up the good work ya'll!

    lizzie

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)