Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lydia "passed" both of her appointments this week with flying colors.  The nurse at the kidney clinic was able to get a good blood pressure so the doctor started to wean one of the blood pressure meds.   I felt a little anxious on Tues. that her blood labs or something else might show something that would keep her there.  I felt relieved when we were driving home.  Lydia was happy to go home also.  For as much anxiety as I get about being there, she must have much more (and rightfully so)!  She was instantly unhappy when the medical people would touch her.    Dr. Book said  she was doing great compared to where she was a few weeks ago.  The wound from her incision is continuing to heal, her voice is getting stronger and her liver enzymes are getting closer to normal.   Yeah,  keep healing Lyds!  You are a fighter and a winner!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Such fabulous news, it made my whole day brighter! I am so glad her body is starting to level out to a more normal balance of things, and the her blood pressure and liver enzymes are doing better :)! Hurray! She is a fighter!!! I admire her strength, but a lot of that is learned behavior from amazing parents and grandparents :)!
    Much love to you all!!
    Lacey & Chad Williams (and family)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Janene!!! It makes me so happy to read these posts and hear that Lydia is improving all the time. What wonderful news to hear her appointments went so well. She is really making such progress. :) I love the pictures of Spencer with her. So funny and cute. He seems to just adore her.
    I have recently read a story in the newspaper about a boy who is 5 and needs a live liver transplant. His name is Hayden. It was so touching to read his story and I thought of Lydia the whole time. I am so thankful that people are stepping forward to hopefully help him now. What a blessing it is that you were able to give Lyds part of your liver. I hope you are continuing to feel better and better each day too. I hope to see you soon. I would love to give you a hug and talk to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was estatic to read that wonderful news about Lydia's doc appointments. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you remember me. My name is Gina Conner. I used to live in your ward (my husband, Bryon and I were in Scouts). I stumbled across your blog from Harmonee Phillips blog (she is in our current ward) I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your sweet Lydia, sorry and yet so happy she is getting well. What a amazing journey you must be on. You were one of our favorite families when we lived there, you and your husband were always very nice to us, so thank you. Just thought I would say hi (instead of feeling like a blog stalker.)Our blog is Mostestmostest.blogspot.com if you can't remember who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lyds is looking so good!! knew you wouldn't be to the picnic but missed you guys anyways. stay well lyds (realitively speaking ;) ) xoxo lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely fantastic news!!!! What a little trooper that adorable child is :) Praying for more and more good news w/each new day!

    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my Blog :) I appreciate it! God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)