Sunday, May 23, 2010

8 Days Home - Yeah!!



It has felt fantastic to be home together for over a week.  The kids had fun dressing up in Alyssa'a dress-ups today.  Lydia's throwing up drastically decreased every day since Wednesday.  She didn't throw up at all today.  She also took a longer nap today than 20 minutes. Yeah!  Spencer, Alyssa, Dallin and Parker are very good sports about not getting as much of our time because of the time that Lydia requires.  They love her very much and are good helpers with her.  I am so blessed to have such great children!  I have worried a lot about not meeting all of their needs during the past year and a half.  Hopefully in the time ahead I will be able to work on and strengthen my relationship with each of them.  Tomorrow Lydia has an appt. with the kidney doctor, then a G.I. clinic visit on Tues.  Hopefully after that we'll be able to just hunker down at home again for several days.  Her immunosuppression meds are really high right now so we're keeping her home and away from germies as much as possible until they can wean those meds more.

4 comments:

  1. Parker is hysterical! What a ham! It's so fun to see these picture. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janene--I was just looking at these pictures when Julia came up from behind me and said, "I want to see Lydia, Mom"--so I showed her all these FUN pictures of all your kids and she and I were both so happy to see them! How fun!
    I am laughing at all the kids in these dress-ups. How hilarious. Parker is a hoot. Spencer looks so much like you!
    Lydia is improving each day---yeah!
    I can tell her time at home is helping her heal so much. You DO have wonderuful kids...you needed to have them in order to go through all you have. ;) You are the best, Janene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bunch of cuties!!! I think there is nothing better in this world, than simply hanging out with my siblings and kids! Life is good when you are surrounded by family!! Glad she is continuing to improve :)!! Love to you all!
    Lacey & Chad Williams (and family)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what silly boys you have! Looks like they were having fun though. I am glad to hear Lydia is doing well and staying away from the germies. Hopefully we'll see you in clinic on the 7th since I am sure you won't be taking her to our liver picnic this Saturday. Home is a good place to be. :)

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)