Saturday, February 6, 2010

What A Week!


It's been one of those weeks full of unexpected surprises.  Last Saturday, Lydia needed a blood transfusion because she had been losing a lot of blood in her stool, so she and I spent 8 hrs. down at PCMC.  On Mon. evening Alyssa said her stomach wasn't feeling too good, but by Tues. morning she was feeling fine.  In the middle of the night on Tues. Dallin woke up throwing up, by morning I was joining him.  On Wed. night Spencer woke up with it.  I was scheduled for an appointment for my donor evaluation on Thurs. morning,  but because my stomach was still feeling queesey and since Dallin and Spencer were staying home from school because of sickness, I cancelled that appointment.  When I picked Lydia up out of her bed, I realized her TPN was dripping from her pickline.  She had scratched at it so much during the night, that it came out of her arm.  Dr. Book decided to have a central line put in since we've had so much problem with her piclines.  My parents picked me and Lydia up in the afternoon to go down with me to the surgery.  Spencer tended until Brian got home from work.  Brian got sick that night.  When Lydia got into surgery, they had problems intubating her.  She bled a lot and had some spasms in her esophagus from it and had respiratory complications when she came out of the surgery.  She was admitted to stay overnight.  My parents picked up Parker on their way home, and Brian got the other kids off to school in the morning.  Friday was Brian's birthday.  After a lot of debate they released Lydia Friday evening.  She was wheezey and had labored breathing during the night on Friday.  This morning she woke up struggling with breathing and she seemed to be in pain.  I gave her a breathing treatment and some Motrin.  As the day progressed her pain increased and she got a high fever.  After a couple of phone calls, back to the hospital we came.  They have done most of the regular tests to find out what's wrong, we should have some results tomorrow.  Whew, one of those weeks!


4 comments:

  1. Wow what a week you've had. I hope everyone is over the sickies and you can figure out what is causing Lydia's pain and fever soon. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there, hope things go better this week! i talked to kayla today in church... connecting the dotes of people who know each other. its a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that we lived a little closer to help out a little more.. I would love to have the kids play more. good luck and hope you have a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine, Thanks for the Blog, it helps to hear all that is going on. We will keep you in our prayers. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)