Friday, January 29, 2010

Well, I let the blog get the brunt of my pity party yesterday. I guess this blog gets to be therapy for me. I felt better after venting and I woke up with a brighter outlook this morning. It reminds of the song that I sang when I was little for an Annie look-alike contest, "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow." I talked to a nurse yesterday about my concern with the weight difference, and she is going to talk to the doctor and let me know why. That will be good to know what she is thinking. Because of the blood in her stool, a nurse came to get a blood draw this morning. The results showed her hematicrit levels are dropping so they scheduled a blood transfusion for tomorrow. Pending no complications, it shouldn't be too traumatic for Lydia because they should be able to do it through her picline. I was really concerned about her getting the picline, but it has been a huge blessing for her to not have to be poked for blood labs like she used to be so often. Even though I get impatient, I really am grateful for the excellent care Lydia recieves. I know she is in good hands with her doctor. I also know that Heavenly Father is mindful of her and our family. He has blessed us immensely over the past several months (often through our angel family and friends). I am truely grateful for His love and grace.

2 comments:

  1. Things will get resolved in due time... it is good to remember who is in control! Glad to see things are looking up today.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I found your blog through Eden's blog. Just wanted to say hi. I have a 2 1/2 yo boy with biliary atesia. His doctor is also Dr Book. Isn't she amazing? I would love to meet you and your family at the support groups this summer. It's fun to see other big families. I have #5 coming this Sept. You have a beautiful family and my thoughts and prayers are with you during this challenging time.
    Marquesa
    www.chucknick.blogspot.com
    www.nqcampbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)