Friday, February 12, 2010

Yeah!! "Lyds" and I came home yesterday (Lyds is a nickname that one of our liver BFF's moms calls her and we like it).  It feels wonderful!  We did have another scare on Wed. night around midnight.  Lydia kept turning over on her tummy and scooting backwards and I would turn her back over trying to get her to settle down and go to sleep.  One time when I turned her over I saw blood on her stomach.  I thought mabye she scraped her stomach with the clamp on her central line, but as I looked closer, I noticed that blood was leaking out of the tube of her central line.  She had stretched it so much when she was scooting on her stomach that it broke.  As I looked more there was a lot of blood on the blanket she was on and the pillow by her.  I was scared that she was going to get more infection in her line and that she would have to get a new central line.  As it turns out the IV team was able to repair it.  She did have to get an IV in a hand so she could get her IV antibiotics while the repair glue set up.  I felt so grateful that Heavenly Father guided me to find that leak before we fell asleep and she lost too much blood and that she didn't have to have another surgery or stay in the hospital longer because of the break.  I am so grateful for His tender mercies upon me and my family!
We enjoyed a very nice evening together as a family last night and we're looking forward to a long weekend together with President's Day (Dallin's b-day) off on Mon.  I'm so grateful to Brian for taking such good care of the kids and all the responsibilities at home.  He is such a hard worker and a great dad!  I could tell he took good care of the kids here as they were all happy when we got back together.  I echo his thanks to our family and friends who helped with transportation, taking care of Parker, and the prayers, fasting and all the other help everyone gave us.  We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for being home! You've had quite the adventure these past few weeks. I hope that the upcoming weeks will be far less exciting for you. BTW your haircut looks very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOK at all that hair! So cute! Glad to hear things are okay!

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)