Monday, February 8, 2010

Full of Infection

Lydia has an infection in her blood called Strepp-pneumonia.  The doctor said it makes people really sick and can cause menengitis if not treated quickly.  They did a spinal tap today to check to see if any of it reached her brain.  When she was admitted yesterday they started her on three new antibiotics which should take care of this bacteria.  I am grateful for her doctors quick and precaucious treatment of her.  She also has Rhinovirus which probally explains a lot of her respiratory struggles.  They gave her a steroid to help with the swelling in her asophagus.  Her ascites got big yesterday so they gave her more diuretics and drew some fluid out of her stomach today to check for infection in it.  She had a rough morning being without food or drink from 9 pm last night until about 3 pm today.  She was so thirsty, she just cried and pointed for water for a long time.  She is all tuckered out and has been sleeping lots since then.  Hopefully she's on the mending side now.  I'm so grateful for the knowledge and service of doctors who help us heal. 
I miss my other sweet kiddos at home and I'm so grateful for all who are taking good care of them.  Our sick bug from last week seems to be gone and it's business as usual for Brian and the older three.  Brian's mom took care of them this afternoon.  Dallin told me he was looking forward to her good cooking tonight. Parker enjoyed a play day with his cousin, Cooper.  My sweet sister Lorraine brought Brian and I some yummy Sunday dinner and visited with us yesterday, and my dear mother came to help with Lydia and spend  the day with me.  They were angels who boosted my spirits.
(I wanted to post some pictures I have taken here at the hospital of Lydia, but I can't figure out how to upload them off of my camera to this laptop since it doesn't have the same easy photo program as our home computer has, so I'll have to get my "main computer man" to help me later.)

4 comments:

  1. janene...janene...janene... i am soooo so sorry to be reading this. my heart breaks for you as i know somewhat of how you are feeling now. do trust in the hands she is in. they are the best. the very best. thank you for our brief visit last week, i felt rude i didn't invite you up or open that sweet gift then and there.... i love it. it is perfect on her. can i come up for a visit sometime soon? i imagine this will be a longer stay...
    love you guys. love little lyds.

    ps met an alpha one baby today in the wait room @ clinic. wish i knew you were there... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for littly Lydia. She is so strong. You are in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I can't imagine what you are going through. Eden had one major blood infection almost a year ago and that was scary but to have the possibility that it could have turned into meningitis???
    I hope and pray that the worst of it is over, and Lydia is feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janene,
    I'm so glad you posted this link to your blog from facebook. As I've been reading about your life lately, I am so proud to be related to you. Your words give me strength in my totally unrelated minute problems. Lydia is so beautiful. It is evident her parents and brothers and sisters love her sooo much. Keep blogging girl, You're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)