Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm a match!

I had my last consultation for my living donor workup today and everything looks good for me to be the donor.  The doctors have been talking about a possible transplant date for somewhere in the first part of April.  Brians work changed insurance plans at the first part of the year and we just found out that our transplant coverage is not at all what it used to be if we do it here at Primary Children's.  We are trying to see what we can do for financing.  If we can get this figured out and if Lydia and I stay well, it sounds like we will be at our big crossroads in this journey in about a month.  Wow, this feels rather surreal.  Despite the bumps in the road that still lie ahead, I have felt Heavenly Father's spirit alot over the past few days assuring me that it will all work out o.k.  I know that He knows me and Brian and each of our children personally.  I know He loves us, is aware of our challenges and is helping us through them.  I am so thankful for His love and His tender mercies.  I am so grateful for my good parents who have taught me of His love.  This has certainly been the most challenging year and 1/2 of my life (so far) in many ways, but it has also been a time of tremendous blessings.  Many of which have come through so many of you, who are angels to us.  Thank you to all of you for your continuous love, service, and prayers!  We love you!

4 comments:

  1. wow, lucky mum to be able to do that. what an amazing opportunity and experience that you will make it be. damn insurance-- i am so sorry it has to make things harder rather than easier like it's suppose to. doesn't something like this HAVE to be done at primarys? how could you go anywhere else. you NEED the best surgeons and they are the best. ahh...i'll email you or we need to chat soon. but i am so happy for you guys that you are a match. go lyds!! ( was that me you were talking about that knicknamed her? or did someone else call her that)? :) ps you are very welcome...it was nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I am glad all is a go aside from the insurance issues. Can you appeal or are they saying you need to go to a different transplant center? Prayers that all works out and Lydia will be on the other side of transplant next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful news!!! I hope for the best for things to work out the way you would like them to. Good luck with all the preparation. This is going to be a busy month for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! Things will work out just as they should. Seems like this desease requires so much faith. It is great to have things lining up...

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)