Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A TUNE UP FOR THE BIG DAY!

We took Lydia in for a cat scan and her clinic appointment on Thurs.  She got a fever after the cat scan so Dr. Book decided to admit her for a "tune up" before the transplant.  She has had a cold so they tested for viruses.  They also tested her belly fluid for infection to make sure she is healthy for the transplant.  The tests all came back negative so she came home on Sunday.  I'm so grateful that most of her hospital stays have been relatively short.  I am grateful for the great care and precautions that Dr. Book takes to keep Lydia as healthy as possible. 
The transplant is scheduled for Wed. April 7th.  Yeah!!  We are almost there.  Of coarse I have my moments of worries and fears, but most of the time, they are outweighed by my excitement to get Lydia on a better road.  Brian has been a great to comfort me when I'm feeling down about it.  We have been blessed immensely through our hard times.  I know that Heavenly Father knows of our needs and will continue to bless us as He has thus far.
He has blessed us with so many people who have been our ministering angels over and over again.    Several family members and neighbors have helped us many times even before we anticipate or ask for help.  The friends we carpool with to school have happily driven for us many times when it was our turn and have tended our kiddos often.  I couldn't have asked for a better visiting teacher at this time.  She has cheerfully been there to tend, bring meals and treats, visit at the hospital, and give timely messages that lift my spirit.  Brian's mom comes to our house to teach Spencer and Alyssa piano lessons, help with homework, be a chauffeur, and do whatever else we need help with.  She is a great example of service and love.  My own mom has been my dear friend through all of this as well as my right arm.  She is constantly doing our laundry, cleaning our house, tending, going to appointments with me, and also serving the many other people in her life(She has 10 children, 25 grandchildren ages 11 and under and is in the R.S. presidency).  She seems to have twice as much energy as me and a heart overflowing with love for the people she loves and serves.  She is amazing to me!  I love her so much!
Thank you to everyone for your love, service and prayers. 

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you both on your big day next week! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers even more than usual. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you, but I have heard of your family. My son will celebrate 10 years out of transplant on April 8th. It is a better road once they have had their transplant, a bumpy road at times, but nonetheless a better road. Good louck and Lydia and your family are in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how your mom does all that she does. She is an inspiration to me. I hope to become more like her over time.

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)