Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Back Again

Tuesday night Janene and I were having a nice conversation right before we went to bed. We were discussing if it was possible for Lydia to not have to go to the hospital again before the transplant. That was the wrong topic. We heard Lydia through the monitor in her bed throwing up. I ran in there to with a cup to catch the thowup. I turned on the lights and I saw a bunch of large blood clots all over in her bed. Naturally, that scared me. I could tell that it was throw up instead of her pic line just because it was all over her face. We called Primary Childrens to tell them we were comming. Lydia was fine after she got it all out. We were able to clean her up call a neighbor to come over to wait for Janene's mom to come watch the other kids overnight.

When we got to the emergency room we put her down on the bed to rest while waiting for a room. She started to throw up again large blood clots. I was the only one in the room because Janene step out to use the bathroom. I had to yell for someone to help me while I was trying to catch all the blood clots in my hand. We got her all cleaned up and they sent us to the ICU. She was as happy as any baby is in the hospital(not very happy for those that didn't understand my joke). All she wanted was water and ice chips.

The next day they did a scope on her stomach. They found that she had broken many blood vessels in her esophagus. They fixed the big blood vessels and took her feeding tube out to let everything heal. They are going to try to just do all the feeding through the veins and let her just drink liquids and take meds by mouth. Hopefully she will take the meds by mouth. It has been many months since she did and she usually threw them up after.

You know the old saying when it rains it pours. It did. As they came to get her to do the scope, I got a phone call from my sister-in-law. Parker was playing baseball with his cousin and got hit with a bat. The bat boke the skin under his eye. They took him down to the clinic to get it glued after some x-rays.

I am not going to go into the phone call the was with the insurance company to find out what clinic was covered by our non-insurance, I mean insurance, that my sister-in-law could take him to get that fixed. If you get my hint we are haveing a lot of trouble with our insurance company now. That is for another day.

Now back to the other story. Lydia is doing good. She will be in the hospital most likely until Sunday or so. I will take the weekend shift on Friday night.

As for now the doctors are planning on the transplant comming April 7th. As bad a problem as the insurance company is giving us we may have to suck it up and take the costs. Lydia is declining and the transplant needs to be very soon. I am looking at every possablity that I can to remedy our finacial problems that this will cause.

Stay tuned for the insurance company story. I don't know when I will have enough energy in my fingers to type that long and drawn out painful, timetaking, unfortunate, etc, etc, etc story.

4 comments:

  1. Oh No! One of my biggest fears was that Eden would have a major bleed. I am praying that Lydia is doing better and you have no more issues before transplant. best of luck with your insurance or rather non-insurance company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I am soooo sorry this has happened at this time! What can we do for you? I will most certainly pray for you! We love you all so much! Give Lydia a kiss! Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help! Sorry about your insurance! I wish I had some money that I could just pay for it with! Thanks for your humor in your typing! You amaze me! What a wonderful man you are Brian! Let Janene know just how much I care for her! Please!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all in our prayers! I hope things start to look up soon and you will have a BEAUTIFUL after Easter week with some major miracles going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Lydia deserves an ice cream after that ordeal. Now that I think about it, your whole family does too. Not to make light of things, I think you two are amazing parents doing an amazing job raising your family. Thank you for taking the time to write about your thoughts and experiences. My heart goes out to you guys.

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)