Thursday, March 10, 2011

Done with Chemo!

Lydia had her last chemo treatment on Thursday, Feb. 24th.  Yipee!  She will get an extensive blood draw and a cat scan in a couple of weeks to make sure there are no traces of PTLD left.  We have been very blessed that she has done so well with her Chemotherapy.  I'd say losing her curls is a pretty small price to pay.  I'm so grateful that she didn't get nausea or have to be hospitalized over the past five months.  She is a vibrant, full-fledged two year old doing getting into all sorts of two year old mischeif.  I love it!
Dallin was baptized on Saturday.  I felt a special spirit as throughout the week while I was making preparations for it and especially on Saturday.  I know he was doing what Heavenly Father wanted him to do and that he will be blessed for it.  He was extra helpful throughout the week.  He cleaned his and Lydia's rooms really well and said he would clean the whole house, but didn't quite get to it.  He has been very happy and helpful the past few months.  He loves to work on projects with Brian.  He is very goal oriented and organized.  All of the kids loves to play with him.  I can't remember when the last time was that he had and angry tantrum like he used to have.  He is doing fantastic in school.  He excitedly tells me many details of the things he is learning in history.  Many of his subject requirements he has mastered according to his teacher.  At his last parent teacher conference, she couldn't think of goals that he could work on so she asked him if he would like to do a report just to have something challenging to do.  He chose to do one on the Minutemen.  I love my Dallin!

Alyssa turned 10 in January.  Wow, she's growing up.  She has been talking about boys lately.  She loves to read, read, read and "play" school in her free time.  I think the past couple of years have been especially hard on her.   Because she is by nature so pleasant and a peacemaker instead of being a "squeaky wheel",  I think her needs and desires have often been put on the back burner.  I joined a mother/daughter book club with her in hopes to give her a little more of the attention that she needs.  She is such a sweet, good girl.  She is so cooperative and helpful.  I hope that we can do better at meeting her needs.  She got glasses a couple of weeks ago.  I think she looks very cute on her.   I love her very much!

4 comments:

  1. Yipee for no more chemo! I am happy to hear that Lydia has done so well and pray that the PTLD is gone for good.
    Hopefully our paths will cross before long it has been a long time since we've met up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news all around!!! How amazing!!! I love it!! So glad not only Lyds is doing well!! I am thankful to our Heavenly Father that ALL of your sweet kiddos are growing, and thriving! What a blessing after so much tribulation! I love your sweet family! I am SO thankful things are improving for you all! Congrats on the baptism AND the new glasses (I got some a while back as well hehehe)! Much to to you and your family!
    Lacey & Chad Williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah for your family... can't believe they are all so big..Alyssa is beautiful...Love the glasses.. Hugs all around please!! congrats on the awsome choice to be baptized Dallin..so glad for happy news! love to all your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janene, a lot of changes have come to your family since I heard from you last. I keep thinking about Lydia and how she's doing and it was great so see an update. Wonderful news about her being done with Chemo. I am so glad. I saw Tammy (your sis-in-law) in the temple a few weeks ago and we had a nice talk, catching up and I asked her about how you're doing. I love that Lydia is being a typical 2 year old now! Getting into mischief. Isn't that a sweet blessing? I also loved what you wrote about Dallin and Alyssa. Both are such a good kids. Gosh, I didn't know Dallin was 8 already. I like that picture of of he and Brian a lot. I think the idea of a mother/daughter book club is a great idea with Alyssa. Her glasses are cute. I hope things continue to look UP for your family. We are doing well here. I am feeling good as my pregnancy nears its end. Soon, I will hit the uncomfortable stage though! I am looking forward to spring, as I'm sure you are too. Lots of love,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)