Friday, January 14, 2011

The big day!

Yesterday was Lyd's big day down at Primary's.  It started with a GI visit in which they said all is well except they want her gaining more weight.  I'm not sure why, so I need to ask more about it.  Next we headed to oncology which took longer than expected because they didn't have the lab results they needed to order the chemo.  She did great with the chemo again.  Finally we went to the orthopedics.  (I told my mom we're probably near the top of the list for going to all the different clinics and areas of the hospital between Dallin, Parker and Lydia.)  I was anxious about the orthopedics because I didn't know how they would cast her arm with us still being able to change her picc line dressing.  I thought for sure we would be heading back down today to get her line moved.  The oncologist suggested recasting every couple of weeks.  The orthopedic had an even better solution.  She took off the first brace, I changed the dressing, then she put on a new brace.  We will go down to do that every couple of weeks.  I was so excited because her veins are pretty shot and so I didn't want to change the picc.  I am thankful for yet another wonderful tender mercy.

4 comments:

  1. So glad they didn't have to move the picc line!!!! Wonderful news!! Glad she did well with her chemo! Aspen broke her wrist when she was a year old- falling of a single stair (yeah, I was shocked) she broke the same arm (different place) just last summer on a BIG bouncy slide at the park on the fourth of july. Her armed healed wonderfully and is really strong now. But it was sure an experience going through it at the time! God bless you and your entire fam! Love ya!
    Lacey Sue Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janene, I am ever grateful that you notice these tender mercies and not let them slip by. That WAS a big day you just went through---oh my goodness. I am thankful the Dr. had a better solution for Lydia. I continue to think of you guys and pray for your family. I hope you're enjoying that lovely house all together again too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lot of catching up to do! First of all, I'm so grateful for this blog. It lets me in on the happenings in your lives, and it always seems to give me a spiritual boost.
    I love seeing pictures of your beautiful family. Your house looks great too! I'm so happy the remodel went well.
    Being the positive thinker that I am, I keep thinking 2011 is going to be Lydia's best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh...i hadn't checked your blog for a while and just cant believe poor lyds broke her arm. just what she needed. i am so sorry- i so admire your strength in all that you've been through. what examples you are... all my love.

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)