Sunday, July 25, 2010

No news is good news

     Lydia has been doing so well that we are feeling that life is getting back to normal (ish).  She is now crawling quite often instead of just scooting on her bum.  She occasionally pulls herself up to standing.  She is saying more sounds that are her attempt at words.  She is swallowing more food and spitting it out less.  She is happy and spunky.  She knows what she wants and lets us know what it is one way or the other (points with grunts or throws a fit if she doesn't get it).  It is fun to watch her be so excited about life and see her strong personality now that she feels better.
     Our family moved up to live at my parents house for a couple of months while we re-do our home.  We intended to fix it up shortly after we moved in but it got put on hold as our "normal" life came to a screetching halt as we concentrated on Lydia's health.  My parents have been very gracious and hospitable.  My kids love being up here.  It kind-of feels like a long vacation. 
     Brian's been working hard most evenings and Saturday's to get our home done.  He's a hard worker!  I'm grateful for all that he does for our family.
     Spencer and Alyssa went on a week-long camping trip with some cousins from the Christiansen side.  They had a great time shooting bows and guns, swimming, hiking, doing  a service project and doing many other fun camping activities.  We were grateful that they were able to go since our vacation plan this year was zilch-o. 
     We are looking forward to enjoying many more healthy, happy summer days.
(Our camera takes terrible pictures so I don't know whether to include them or not, but here are some anyway.)

3 comments:

  1. My heart is so full of happiness for you guys!! Sometimes, normal- is the best kind of news you can get!!!! She is precious, and I am thrilled she is recovering, healing, and LIVING so happily now!!! Wish we could have gotten the chance to see you the other day at the luncheon for Marcia! Hope you and your family are ALL doing well and know we all love ya!
    Love to you all!
    Lacey & Chad Williams (and family)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janene,
    It's great to hear you guys are getting so many good days in a row with Lydia. How nice to be at your parent's house to stay for awhile so Brian can work hard on the house. I am sure he is so busy there! Lydia is so cute and so chubby! It seems I only remember her as being so fragile and small---I love to see those cheeks! I hope I can see you soon. Sounds so wonderful to hear Alyssa and Spencer got to go to a camp with the Christiansen cousins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received your sweet letter in the mail today! I have to tell you, it brought me to tears! I can't express to you how much I admire your sweet family and have throughly enjoyed reading about your faith and love in your blog! Your entire family means so much to me, and I am honored to call you family! Thank you so much for writing to me, it made my day a whole lot brighter!
    We are truly enjoying Camden being here! He is such a gift! Hopefully you guys will get the chance to meet him soon! Love to you and yours!
    Lacey Sue Williams!!!

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)