Sunday, July 4, 2010

Almost There

Our insurance problems are over with on July 8th. It has been hard to not take Lydia out places because of this fear of getting stuck with a large bill. It has been a blessing at how healthy she has been. That makes us want to take her out, but we don't want her to get sick and end up at the hospital. I dread the day she has to go back to the hospital. I know that she will have to some day. It is just the nature of the beast.
It has been a relief having the transplant done. I must say though that it still take a long time to care for her. It gets better and better each day. She is just starting to crawl. She has been scooting around funny for a while. This makes her able to entertain herself so much more. She loves to just scoot down the hall and go into the kids rooms to find fun things to play with.
We took her to church today for the first time since the transplant. It was so nice to finally be there all together as a family. I must say she was the nosiest kid in sacrament meeting.
The amount of doctor visits and medicine are slowly decreasing. We started therapy for her eating disorder. Hopefully we can really get down to business with the next visit. She chews up everything we give her. She still will only swallow water. We think that she is swallowing some things more and more but it is really hard to say with how much she spits up. One day she will get it down. Since everything that has happened to her seems to be slow I am just going to mentally deposit in my brain that this will take a long time also. It makes me less frustrated when I do that.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear Lydia is doing better and better. The eating will come. My goal was to have Eden eating by a year post transplant and now at only 8 months post she is tube free. It was very frustrating getting here but one day it just started to click with her.
    Hopefully we will meet up in clinic again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that the eating will continue to get better, how could it not, when little girl is such a fighter?!?! She is looking great, and I am thrilled to hear she is crawling :)! I hope she enjoyed church, how wonderful for you all to get to go together again :)! I pray all will continue to improve for her!
    Love to you all!
    Lacey & Chad Williams (and family)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian,
    There is still a lot going on with Lydia each day, but it is so good to hear she is healthy! That is the most important thing! Hasn't it been 3 months today since the transplant? I'm sure it is still hard to keep up with all of her needs. I can't imagine. I'm so glad she was able to go to church though! That's great! Speaking of noisy kids---I've got a really NOISY one of my own. Isaac is only good up till right after the sacrament is passed. :) I am glad to hear the Dr. visits and medicines are less and less. I hope her eating improves soon. I hope to see you guys at the Neighborhood reunion, if not before. Love the picture of you and Lyds. :)

    ReplyDelete


chillin' and grubbin'

Spenc and Lydia enjoying some brocolli (at least the taste of it for Lydia since she just sucks out the flavor and spits it out)